A JOURNEY NURTURED IN HOPE
House of Hope in Lowell, Massachusetts is dedicated to helping homeless families gain stable housing through a service model based on respect, dignity, and compassion. With a long-term commitment to grow our solutions-based programs and permanent housing services, we seek to make a real impact in ending homelessness in Massachusetts.
What started in 1985 as a single emergency shelter for a handful of individuals has grown into eight buildings serving 97 families through two distinct nonprofit organizations:
- House of Hope serves 58 families at a time (approximately 200 individuals sheltered daily), at four emergency shelter locations in Lowell.
- House of Hope Housing, the housing arm of House of Hope, is dedicated to building and managing affordable permanent housing to families who have been previously homeless. As of 2022, we are housing 39 previously homeless families at five housing property locations in Lowell.
Together, these sister organizations share a commitment to transitioning homeless families into a stable community life through services that:
- Respect and nurture families so they can begin to heal from the trauma of homelessness.
- Support parents by guiding them through opportunities to build economic self-sufficiency and embrace a stable home life.
Our services include:
Through these services, we provide:
- Emergency food, shelter, and clothing for 58 families.
- Case Management work with residents to assess their circumstances and plan for their futures.
- On-site Behavioral Health support for all families.
- Children’s services covering a wide spectrum of outreach, intervention, engagement, and love.
- The Learn2Work Program, consisting of a children’s resale clothing store (The Hope Chest) at 397 Market Street for customer service internships, as well as a culinary training program that provides internships for clients while learning real work skills preparing meals served at our shelters.
- Case Managers and Housing Advocates who work with parents to mitigate barriers and secure housing for their families as swiftly as possible.
- Goal-oriented stabilization services for all families that we rehouse to assist them in remaining stably housed.
Our dedicated, professional staff are committed to giving respect, encouragement, and hope to all families served. We proudly offer services that they need to better their situation for themselves and their families, today and in the future to come.